Neri handles RP ID systems
|Posted by Manila Mail under Philippine News|
Romulo Neri, the former Neda official who refused to squeal about the involvement of President Arroyo in the aborted NBN deal and was rewarded by being appointed head of the Social Security System will now head the lead agency in the National ID System. He said the ID system unifying government services could be in place as early as next year with the card issued by the Social Security System (SSS) at its core, the chief of the state pension fund said. Neri said the National Statistics Office (NSO) could soon provide the so-called “common reference number” that would harmonize the ID systems of the SSS, the
Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) and Philippine Health
Insurance Corp. (PhilHealth). Other state agencies and government-owned-and-controlled firms are expected to join in the SSS-led ID network.
- Belated birthday party for Arroyo
- Who hates PNoy?
- Crime wave
- GMA no talk; Iggy plenty talk
- China builds lighthouse on PHL-claimed territory
- Arroyo insists on right against self-incrimination over NBN-ZTE deal
- GSIS head to join stock exchange board
- SSS urged to recover millions of pesos from ex-officials
- Ayala bank exec named to head SSS
- Talking peace in the Philippines