Tsismoso has stumbled on a goldmine of tsismis in the Asian American news website. It’s a no-holds-barred barbs about the Democratic and Republican party candidates. But before we go into that, let’s talk about local Filipino American Republicans and Democrats who are also unleashing their own barrage of attacks against Republican Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin and Democratic candidate Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. Joe Biden. Sample sticker from a GOP follower: “Obama bin Laden.” An Obama supporter: “Hail to a war monger.” Another one: “Vote for John Bush!”
In the Philippines, Filipino copycats are saying that Gov. Vilma Recto is the Filipino Sarah Palin! Obama made a big mistake by junking Hillary and naming Joe Who?
But a recent survey in the Philippines showed majority of Filipino support the candidacy of Barack…
Pinoy reaction on Palin:
– “God, I can’t stand her.”
– “The Alaska governor may yet be this election’s version of the Swift Boat.
– Terrific public speaker.
Headline in a Manila newspaper: “Filipinos support Obama”
Culled from the Asian American News blog (names eliminated):
Reactions about one blogger who complained about the RNC convention in Minneapolis:
-The Republican National Convention showcased a Native American color guard, a black preacher and video footage of civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks, all part of its effort to present the GOP as a picture of diversity. What it hasn’t offered is many minorities speaking from the podium in prime time, or sitting among the delegates.
– The convention has a decidedly homogenous look to it, coming hard on the heels of a Democratic gathering where minorities were prominent on the podium and in the crowds, and the spotlight focused squarely on Barack Obama’s historic racial breakthrough.
-Yup…reps talk about being in the mix, but rarely are…they don’t mind minorities, as long as they live in different ‘hoods.
– Well at least the Redneck minority was well supported. You could almost hear the pick up trucks in the background.
-I guess people of color finally got the message. We don’t want you We don’t need you. But then again; Who in their right mind want to be around a bunch of dead looking people, and they just look like they might smell funny.
– If there were hardly if any persons of color at the convention. There were maybe a few token black Republicans drowned in a sea of white.
– This convention was whiter than the robes of a Ku Klux Klansman.
-Lets go back, Bill Clinton said he would have a Cabimnet that looked like Americans, So He brought in Rich Whites and then Mostly Men. Let us look at Bush 2 Black Secretarys of State, and Also National Security Advisor and not some Token roles as was Jocylyn Elders as the Surgeon General and then he got rid of her. Maybe the difference between the Republican party and the Democrats is The Republican judges people
on the content of their character and does not feel the need to just put people up for show to make themselves feel good!
– “If I could afford $28,000 fund raising dinners, I would rather give it
to something like the Red Cross, scholarships, or for medical research
than to Obama for TV ads. However, what the Hollywood liberal left
elitist crowd wants to do with their money is not my concern. I am
concerned how much of my tax money he would waste if this is an example
of how he will conduct business as President.
– Lynn Forester de Rothschild (a rich Hillary supporter who threw her support to McCain) proved she is a great American did what
every Hillary supporter must do for his country. Lynn was right to say that as American she deserve a true American leader that proved his loyalty for his country by major sacrifice for America. Barack was educated to hate the infidels of America as he studied the Quran in his youth in Indonesia.
– If a Rothschild supports McCain then I will support the socialist, Obama.
Rothschilds is a disease we no longer need, or can afford. This just proves the point even more – McCain is a New World Order fascist supporting the bankers of the world.
– Lady Baroness Rothschild finds Barack Obama an elitist?
This would have been a perfect Karl Rove distraction, except the economy
is in meltdown in the 8th year of a Republican Presidency.
– I am so tired of all these Sarah Palin scandals… she is involved in over
8 so far… i am Republican, but I am voting Obama…. McCain keeps lying too much for me..
– Obama is NOT 100% BLACK..He’s Arab/White/ black, Learn the facts
– Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the
first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack
Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother’s side and 43.75% Arabic
and 6.25% African Negro from his father’s side. While Barack Hussein
Obama’s father was from Kenya, his father’s family was mainly Arabs..
Barack Hussein Obama’s father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5%
Arab (his father’s birth certificate even states he’s Arab, not African
I totally think that Obama and his cronies were behind the hack. If
Palin’s daughter’s “baby daddy” as you so elequently put it is such a
“redneck” I doubt he’d be able to hack his future mother-in-law’s email
-You are so damn quick to blame with no even half proof or half truths to go.
Wonder if the ignorant will blame Poor Palin because she is a woman?
The Trash Talk Express continues ….
– Glad to hear you are so concerned about people violating other people’s privacy and hacking their e-mails. You must not know that in 2004 Palin hacked into Republican Party chairman and former Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commissioner Randy Ruedrich’s computer to access his e-mails to get evidence that he had used his government computer for personal business. She talked about it to the ADN: “The technician “said it looked like he tried to delete this, but she knew a way to go around and get some of the deleted stuff,”
Palin said in an interview. “I didn’t know what I was looking for, but I was there.” Palin found dozens of e-mail messages and documents stacked up in trash folders, many showing work Ruedrich had been doing for the Republican Party and others showing how closely he worked with at least one company he was supposed to be regulating.” To make matters worse, it turns out that she was using her government computer in the mayor’s office in Wasaila to run her political campaign.
Now they are whining about the invasion of her privacy and violation of laws because someone did it to her.
– How can a person who claims to be a reformer be so clueless about ethics? Are they only for people who aren’t her? I heard an apt description of her today: She is like a screechy cheerleader, one of the popular but mean girls.